Looking for some Podcast inspiration? In this list I detail my personal best free popular podcasts which I listen to almost daily. From daily motivation to guidance towards reaching the next step in your biz, Podcast are a great way to stay on track.
A couple of years back I was introduced to my first podcast for bloggers. Until that point, I had a completely wrong idea of what podcasts were actually like. To my mind, I thought that by listening to a podcast I would easily get distracted, or even bored before I could learn anything of value.
Honestly, just the simple thought of sitting and listening to other people talk sounded unfathomable.
After all, who has time for this anyway? Not moi!
However, it was when I actually gave it a go, that I realized HOW WRONG I HAD BEEN ALL THIS TIME!
In fact, podcasts were quite the opposite of a waste of time. I was fitting them in-between moments that I would otherwise A) be listening to music, B) scrolling on social media, c) watching Netflix, or D) Simply wasting my time
What I mean to say is that doing laundry has never been so interesting!!
Considering La Belle Society is all about living your best life, be it via travel or lifestyle, and enjoying unique experiences, I thought it would be a great time to share with you guys a list of recommendations of best free popular podcasts for (female) bloggers and entrepreneurs.
Indeed, nowadays I never do any sort of chore before going through my list of downloaded episodes and choosing a preferred topic. Then I press PLAY and get right to it!
It is fantastic the amount of information I learn every time I clean the house now.
Table of Contents
Here are other moments in my day that I like listening to podcasts:
- At the gym – What is best than getting fit AND learning something of value during those boring machines days?
- Commuting to work – You’ll quickly realize how fast (and entertaining) the drive/walk home is.
- Inside a plane/train – It is a great method to fall asleep because you can turn it on, put on a sleeping mask, and wake up upon arrival.
- Waiting at the queue of the bank – Because why not?
- Applying makeup – I do this every morning. I like starting my day with some inspirational boost. It has done wonders for my mindset.
- Chilling at the tub – Light on some candles, put on a face mask, turn on the podcast and enjoy
- Cooking – Have you ever tried cooking while listening to a podcast? It is so much fun! Furthermore, it is better than a TV because you don’t have to keep glancing at the images while you cook.
- Having your nails done – A year ago I would always be sure to download a couple of TV shows to my phone before I would go to the salon. Recently I’ve decided to switch this habit to learn something new as opposed to just watching Netflix on my phone. Nowadays, I am sure to always download a couple of podcast episodes before having my nails done.
You probably get the gist right?
Podcasts are a great way to fill in the blanks of those moments in the day when we could be learning.
In other words: podcasts are a great way to multitask and be as efficient as you can be with your time.
But, first things first: WHAT IS A PODCAST AND HOW DO THEY WORK?
Contemporary dictionaries often describe a podcast as a digital audio file that is made available on the Internet for downloading to either a computer or mobile device, typically available in a series format.
FUN FACT: Did you know that the term podcast originated from iPod + Broadcast?
In simple words, podcasts are a series of free episodes divided per topic/niche of interest. You can subscribe to your favorite podcasters and get notifications every time a new episode is out. Usually, podcasts are stored in podcasts hosting companies, such as Apple store, Spotify, a Podcast app, and others.
All you need to do is find a podcast platform App that suits your interests.
Why Listen to Podcasts?
By now you may be wondering what is the point of a podcast, or even what are the benefits of listening to a podcast? Those are great questions and to answer them it really depends on what type of podcast you want to listen to.
There are endless options for free popular podcasts: Entertainment (about sports, celebrities, jokes), Educational (news, entrepreneurship, languages), Motivational (inspirational, go-getter), etc. So it really depends on what you need for yourself.
I love learning from other bloggers but it’s hard to take time out of my day to read a super long blog post all the time. Podcasts are a great way to learn and work at the same time.
PRO TIP: I like being as efficient as possible so I try cramming my brain with information as fast as I can Because of that, I usually set the hearing speed to a faster pace. This makes the podcaster speak faster and I cut my podcast-listening time to half with this trick.
BACKSTORY: I was doing this trick every morning while I put on my makeup before work (the speeding it up). However, after a few days, I realized my brain was starting to spin and I was waking up stressed rather than inspired. I figured that this was happening because it was way too early in the morning for me to speed it up the podcaster’s talking rhythm, so I went back to normal speed.
Lesson learned: it is much more soothing to listen to the podcaster’s voice at their usual pace during the mornings (and I speed it up in the afternoon after I had some coffee)
Notice below on the left bottom side how there re two playing speeds that I had set for Amy Porterfield’s podcast . Speeding up the voice can really save you time.
For the purpose of this post, I will talk about 5 of my absolute favorite free popular podcasts for female entrepreneurs (i.e. bloggers, influencers and everyone else in the digital nomad community). The topics I have selected are not necessarily business-related. Some are great for motivation, others for inspiration on what to do, etc.
Here’s to making smarter life choices to achieving an improved mindset!
What are the Best Free Popular Podcasts for Women in 2020?
Some of the below podcasts feature interviews with successful people, some who teach the fundamentals of marketing and entrepreneurship, to professional and personal development. They share their skills, while others discuss how to set your mindset for a better life.
However, one thing they all have in common is that both hosts and their guests share valuable insights and experiences to help entrepreneurs and freelancers make better business decisions (and to stay motivated during the arduous process).
I will list them in order of the ones I listen to the most (I love them all, but I have to admit I am addicted to Julie Solomon, so guess who will be showing up first on my list of best free popular podcasts?).
Julie Solomon (Podcast: The Influencer Podcast)
I LOVE Julie. She is so motivating, upbeat, fun and inspiring. All of her content is fire and is a great resource to new and experienced influencers. If you’ve been living under a rock, influencer marketing has been on a steady rise and it seems this trend is not going anywhere. Julie keeps us up-to-date with all the latest influencer trends, success stories, strategies and so much more.
Julie really doesn’t hold back any digital media knowledge and she keeps the listener engaged with her witty sense of humor and fun way of speaking. Listening to Julie Solomon is a MUST if you want to engage with your followers in meaningful ways, establish your unique voice and brand and genuinely be a successful influencer.
Some of my favorite Julie Solomon Podcast Episodes:
- #13 – 5 Steps to Building a Personal Brand
- #27 5 Steps to Your First 1k Blogging
- #59 – How to Grow, Stay Authentic, and Build a Thriving Business as a Creative, with Carly Cristman
- #63 – Instagram hacks, trends, and secrets for growing & monetizing your business with Tyler McCall
- #69 – 5 PR Tips Every Blogger Should Be Using (But Most Aren’t!)
BEST FOR: When you feel stuck with your business and need some guidance and motivation. Sometimes it really helps to know that other people have been through the same and to get information from success stories to take actionable measures for the next steps.
Amy Porterfield (Podcast: Online Marketing Made Easy)
Struggling to start your own business? Or is it to grow your email list? Do you wish to sell more and grow faster? Are you spending all your money with Facebook adds to no return?
Enters Amy Porterfield!
Amy is a marketing GENIUS and she really does make digital marketing sound like 1 + 1 + 2 (no wonder her podcast Online Marketing Made Easy is a top-ranked marketing podcast). Each episode is designed in a way for you to take action (and to be excited towards achieving your goals).
Moreover, I LOVE her personality and her honesty about her struggles with losing weight make her more human to us. She has an entertaining style and a great sense of humor and, to me, listening to Amy is like listening to a friend (to the point where sometimes I truly feel like I know her personally). Most importantly, her podcast explains the ABC of topics such as social media, e-mail list building, blogging, creating your own webinar, online courses and so on.
BEST FOR: Online Marketing Made Easy works wonders as an actionable means of inspiration whenever you work through online marketing questions in your business.
Some of my favorite Amy Porterfield Podcast Episodes:
- #21: How to Set Goals and Create a Plan for the New Year#65: Selling Yourself–The Art of a Winning ‘About Page’
- #83: Cultivating a List Building Mindset
- #84 Growing a Lucrative Email List
- #203: How To Get Noticed Online When You’re Just Starting Out
- #226: What To Focus On When You Are Just Starting Out
- #295 How to create atomic habits (with James Clear)
Pat Flynn (Podcast: Smart Passive Income)
For some reason, I like listening to women more than men in Podcasts. I think women have a more delicate approach to how we take actions that are more appealing to me. However, I could not finalize this list without inserting Pat Flynn, from Smart Passive Income.
I’ve actually discovered Pat as a YouTuber with his Instagram hacks and growth videos which blew my mind away at the time. One day I was going through the list of recommendedfree popular podcastes and he was one of the first on the list. Needless to say that his podcast content is also just as fire as his YouTube content.
In fact, it is virtually impossible not to binge on Pat Flynn’s content, as it really seems every word that comes out of his mouth has value. What I like about Pat is that he goes directly to the point. There is no fluff (and he speaks at a good, fast pace, which is great for timesaving if you are busy and want to learn something quickly).
Pat really digs deep into the minds of successful entrepreneurs and their businesses. The podcast is extremely successful; having won a variety of awards, such as Best Business Podcast, Best International Podcast, and having 47+ million downloads in iTunes).
Are you gonna miss out on the AMAZING content that Pat is giving away for FREE? Yea didn’t think so!
BEST FOR: Quick and efficient marketing knowledge when you want to give your business a kick. Pat is great for getting things done and quickly implementing everything that currently works, giving you all the necessary tools to crush the online world!
Some of my favorite Pat Flynn’s Podcast Episodes:
- 75: Six-Figure Earnings with Ebooks (Not on Amazon) and a Pricing Structure That Works with Nathan Barry
- 229: Tips for Building a Simple and Effective Website and Brand with Jess Catorc
- 263: Laddering Up: How to Build a 7-Figure Business by Building a $7K per Month Business
- 192: (Updated Recording) Types of Passive Income Generated Online and What to Expect From Each – Part 1
- 092: The Psychology of Selling and How to Price Your Products with Ramit Sethi
- 337: The Riches Are in the Niches—The Advantage of SMALL
Natalie and Danielle (Podcast: Boss Babe Podcast)
I must admit that this one did not start very well. This podcast is run by two Australian girls who have a very strong Aussie accent and that immediately turned me off. Not because it was not good, but because I found the accents to be overwhelming and distracting, and I could not focus on the content. With that in mind, I gave up on this podcast.
However, a few months in, and in the constant search of new podcasters to discover, I kept hearing people raving about the Boss Babe Podcast and their content. As the best marketing is word of mouth, I started believing what people were saying and decided to give them another chance. And BOY, am I glad I did.
These girls are hilarious and their content is on point and when listening to them all you want to do is implement their strategies right away. From how to effectively structure your Instagram brand to the best tools and resources to keep yourself organized, these 2 babes consistently deliver value.
As a result, not only did I fall in love with the content they deliver (I got used to the accent), I couldn’t resist following them on Instagram (they have 1.9 million followers btw) for some daily motivational quotes. I believe I have never felt so empowered through a podcast. I love, the ease of integrating their content into my daily life to the point where I hadn’t realized that such a supportive stream of information existed (specifically for women and entrepreneurs).
Some of my favorite Boss Babe Podcast Episodes:
- How to Be Insanely Organized (Without Actually Going Insane)
- #9 How to go Viral, Get Confident and Create Consistently on Social Media
- #23 How to Sell on Instagram Stories, Boost Your Engagement and Create Content Consistently
- #28 How to Create Quality Content and Earn Raving Fans
Marie Forleo (Podcast: The Marie Forleo Podcast)
Marie Forleo’s award-winning show has been a recent addition to my group of favorite free podcasts. I have seen her name around (fun fact: Marie was named by Oprah as a thought leader for the next generation), but for some reason, I was never too interested in trying it until the moment that she launched her book and literally every podcaster and their parrots were talking about it. Maria is beloved within the online community (for good reason) and her way of speaking is just too damn GREAT.
She is a podcaster that I never put the playback speed faster because it would ruin her style of delivering content. It is hard to explain how interesting her work is, so just give her a go to find out by yourself. I am sure you will not take long to understand why all other podcasters went crazy to interview her for her book launch.
BEST FOR: From business career and marketing advice to tacking failure and facing your fears, Marie’s goal is to help you become the person you want to be.
Some of my favorite Marie Forleo’s Podcast Episodes:
- #75 – Brené Brown: Braving The Wilderness & How We Can Belong to Each Other & Ourselves
- #187 – Brené Brown On How To Be Your Most Brave & Courageous Self
- #249 – Want More Money? 3 Painless Habits That Don’t Require A Bigger Income With David Bach
- #287 – How to Reclaim Your Joy When You Feel Like Giving Up With Gabby Bernstein
- #49 – 5 Steps To Change Your Life And Make It Stick w/ Todd Herman
Find Marie’s book here and understand WHY everyone looooooves it!
Before you go, don’t forget to PIN this post for later!
Do you know any of my recommendations of best free popular podcasts? What are Podcasters that you listen to that you wold recommend me? Let me know in the comments section down below!
Keep on reading…
- What Brands Look For When Selecting and influencer for a Campaign
- How to Quickly Fix your Instagram Engagement
- How to Increase Your Email Open Rate by 80%
- How I easily landed 8 luxury hotel collars (having less than 10k followers)
FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM HERE!
Have an existing blog in need of powerful growth? Check out some services I use and love:
- Tailwind: Pinterest + Instagram scheduling tool
- Envato Market: Premium blog templates (the one I use)
- Deposit Photo – THE place for stunning travel stock photos
- Long Tail Pro – Keyword research tool for SEO (w/ course included)– 30% Off with my link
- Canva – Ridiculously easy Graphic Design