Here is an easy to follow guide about skin Care 101 for Beginners. Having in mind my own struggles when I started out with my skin care obsession, I came up with 3 different skin care routines for you to try, depending on how much time yo want to invest in your routine. From fast and efficient, to more intentional and professional, find here the best options of skincare routine for your busy (or not) schedule.
Hi girls, how are you today?
In quarantine times, I quickly noticed a rise in searches for the term skincare. We’ve talked about it a lot here, ranging from innovative products to the famous 10-steps Korean routine with seemingly a thousand steps of skin care.
However, as addicting as skincare might be, it can also be intimidating when you are just starting.
Some common concerns are as below:
What products should I buy?
In what order should I apply my skincare products?
What are the best skincare brands for my skin type?
All great questions and valid concerns. And hey, for those who are interested in having a better skincare routine, you have to start somewhere, right?
If you are part of the group that will enjoy the relaxing days that the quarantine is forcing upon you, then you are probably looking into taking more care of the skin or at least learn how to take care of it know that you are in the right place.
Having skincare beginners in mind, I have prepared a small guide for you to achieve the fantastic skin.
Moreover, you’ll find different options of skincare routine: For the busy or lazy days, when you don’t want to work so hard, and as well options for the days you want a home spa experience.
- RELATED: THE BEST KIEHLS PRODUCTS FOR OILY SKIN
- RELATED: 3-INGREDIENTS DIY COFFEE FACE SCRUB
- RELATED: THE 10-STEPS KOREAN SKINCARE, EXPLAINED
Skin Care 101 for Beginners: Routine 1, The Lazy Daisy
Feeling tired today? I get you, sis. Let’s take this easy and start by at least trying to sleep with a clean face.
Start with the big 3: cleansing, moisturizing and protection.
These are the three indispensable steps to skin care.
1. Start by choosing an ideal soap or cleansing gel for your skin type (it is worth remembering to consult a dermatologist before buying any face product). This process is indicated twice a day, in the morning and before bed.
2. Hydrate! Even if you have oily skin, it is always best to keep the skin hydrated. Search for one that meets your needs. There are moisturizers with various ingredients and that fulfills different functions at once (such as moisturizing, preventing or decreasing expression lines etc)!
3. Sunscreen! Every day, even at home. The light from the computer and the cell phone is as harmful as that of the sun.
Skin Care 101 for Beginners: Routine 2, The ”I got a little extra time”
1. Do the entire previous cleaning process it is worth using brushes or appliances such as FOREO to enhance hygiene.
2. Add a serum to your list. We have a basic guide to the types of serum you can use here, but talk to your dermatologist not to invest in a product you don’t need. Among the most generic and worth testing are vitamin C, retinol and hyaluronic acid concentrates.
3. PRO TIP: During the application of the serum, which has a more oily texture, do a good massage with your fingers. This helps to make the product penetrate better into the skin, in addition to improving circulation and deflating the face.
4. Depending on the serum, it is still indicated that you use a moisturizer afterwards (such as retinol and vitamin C, which need a hydration boost to make full effect). Then consult your doctor to find out if you will need to invest in a moisturizing cream.
Skin Care 101 for Beginners: Routine 3, The Skincare Pro
1. Cleanup! You already know how, right?
2. Exfoliate. I recently started doing a coffee face scrub 3 times a week and it has been revolutionary to my breakouts. The best part is that you can do it at home with three ingredients that you have in your kitchen.
To learn how to do to easy DIY coffee face scrub, read this post.
3. Add a good mask. It can be to brighten, moisturize, to reduce pores Whatever you feel your skin is in need. Stay as long as necessary and rinse.
4. Serum time! You already know what your ideal serum is, so now is a good time to invest in massage accessories such as mineral stone rollers or even the Foreo Luna, which cleans and massages the face. These products are great because, in addition to improving product absorption and decreasing swelling, it is a super relaxing step of self-care.
I love laying in bed massaging my face at night before bed with my Foreo Luna.
5. Follow with your moisturizer and think about investing in a specific eye area there, the skin is much more sensitive and needs special care.
6. If it is day, do not forget the sunscreen and, from here, you are allowed to start your makeup of the day (if you want).
I Hope you enjoyed this fast Skin Care 101 for Beginners guide with 3 different options of skin care to choose from, depending on how much time you have at hands.