In this post: Find 12 Feng Shui at home tips. We will go over the most important Feng Shui house rules, such as home layout and home design, the best colors for an energized house, and top Feng Shui home office tips that are sure to help maintain your Joy at Work.
Hi girls, how are you today?
Would you like to know more about the basic Feng Shui house rules to create great energy at home?
If you’re a fan of Marie Kondo or Gwyneth Paltrow in any way, then you’re probably already familiar with this ancient, and seemingly magical, Chinese spatial law called Feng Shui.
This antique Chinese technique, which has been popularized in recent decades thanks to the likes of trendy celebrities and hip influencers, can help us harmonize various areas of our life and home.
For this to happen, it is necessary to apply in the environments the right decoration for each place.
This harmony can be achieved through the usage of colors and fabrics, and elements such as glass, wood, and metalwork well. It is also possible to rearrange the layout of the furniture of your home, or simply take advantage of the presence of the sun and water in the environments (and heap all their benefits).
If you want to know more about how Feng Shui can harmonize your home, this post is for you. Keep reading to learn 12 Feng Shui house rules that will change your life for the better.
12 Feng Shui at Home Tips for a Harmonized House
Check out these tips that can help make your home even more balanced
1.Environments with many tips, such as sharp edges on the walls and pointed shelves, do not usually offer tranquility to the inhabitants.
2. Strong, impacting colors such as black, red, and purple may suggest heated discussions and emotions. Contrary to that, and ideal for those who need moments of tranquil, is the use of calming shades of light blue.
3. Don’t be fooled that having a house filled with mirrors will make it seem better. While mirrors do help with creating a sense of bigger space, according to the Feng Shui rules, the excess of mirrors in the rooms – especially next to the beds – and electronic appliances, impairs sleep and rest.
4. One of the easiest ways to achieve perfect Feng Shui at home is to maintain it clean at all times. Keep all environments fresh, as if there is dirt in a certain area, energy does not circulate in the environment.
As an example, in her book, Joy at Work, Marie Kondo explains the importance of cleaning your desk every day before using it. Simply wiping it with an alcohol spray and clean wipes before starting work can make a huge impact on how you feel throughout the day. Try it out!
5. Doors and windows must open completely, without any impediment. This allows opportunities to enter the environments and also into our lives, thus allowing for the feng shui at home.
Doors in corridors should be closed to avoid disputes in the house, as the energy disperses in many rooms. Similarly, garbage cans and pot lids should be kept closed to prevent vital energy from being drained.
So, if you have issues with your boyfriend keeping the toilet seat down, next time tell him he is messing with the entire feng shui at home by not paying attention to it. Works like a charm, (especially if he sees you are really into the feng shui rules).
6. There must be ample space for movement between furniture so that energy can also move freely around the area, bringing vitality and a sense of peace and harmony.
7. Plants and animals also help balance energies, but they can also affect the feng shui at home. If your plants start to die or are brown, be sure to toss them away and get new ones.
8. Well, clean stoves and the proper use of all objects in the house attract prosperity, because nothing is forgotten or useless. Be sure to get rid of items that don’t bring you joy and that are just taking up space. Your home is too precious to be accumulating bad energy from ‘’ dead objects’’.
9. It is essential to avoid the presence of messy rooms, and as well as objects under beds so as not to disturb our rest. Having a clean room at all times is one of the crucial feng shui rules to achieve happiness, as it helps avoid oppressive and depressive feelings.
10. Paintings on the walls should represent good things. Those who want to attract love, for example, should avoid exposing figures that lead to sadness or loneliness.
11. We are all guilty of hoarding objects we love, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself. However, know that an excessive amount of clutter stops us from having clarity of thought and can weigh us down emotionally.
Do not keep objects that bring you bad memories, even if you do not always associate the object with a particular person or situation. Get rid of bad memories to allow fresh happier ones to take over instead.
In fact, Feng shui is less about having a perfectly-styled home, and more about creating a happy and vigorous environment.
Make sure that you have the correct organizational systems in place for everything in your life, from paying bills to recycling, to having a designated spot for your keys. You’ll immediately feel lighter, less frazzled, and more efficient.
If you need help, the Kon Marie method has changed my life (I swear!!!).
13. A bright and ventilated house is essential to allow the circulation of vital energy, besides leaving no stagnant area. For this, the environment must receive a good dose of sunlight. What steps have you taken to achieve feng shui in your home or apartment? Tell us in the comments!
Mentions in This Article
What steps have you taken to achieve feng shui in your home or apartment? Tell us in the comments!
FIND ME ONLINE