Hi there, friend! And welcome to my why work with me page.
I’ve decided to create this separate section of my website to make it easier for recruiters to understand my educational background and professional capabilities.
This is a space where you can easily find information on reasons why I would be an ideal content creator for a luxury hospitality collaboration.
It is hard to disclaim all my experience in a one-pager, and I don’t wish to create an auto-biography here. With that in mind, I encourage you to email me if you want any further information regarding anything you will read here.
I have two bachelors: One in Law (in Brazil) and one in Hospitality Management (at École Hôtelière de Lausanne, also referred to as EHL, the world’s premier reference in hospitality; Based in Switzerland)
Because of my educational background, by working with me, you can expect the highest level of professionalism, attention to details, quality service and a curated customer relationship.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EHL
The 4 year bachelor program allowed me to fully grasp what it is to work in hospitality. I understand the value of experiences over features and how millennials are shaping the future of travel in a way never before seen.
During the first year of university, all students are expected to work weekly in different sectors of a hotel.
This means that I have worked in stewarding (washing endless piles of dirty dishes) and housekeeping (rubbing toilets and ironing uniforms) to premier facilities, such as servicing the university’s Michelin Star restaurant, and as well working as a sous Chef, while directly learning from MOF –meilleur ouvrier de France – Chefs how to present a fine dining dish).
The remaining 3 years of university consisted of courses such as:
- Talent Management
- Corporate Strategy
- Service Quality and Design
- F&B Cost Control
- Digital Marketing
- Revenue Management
- Luxury Brands Management
- Trends in Hospitality Industry
- And many others
THE EHL NETWORK
A legacy of excellence and strength
As the first Swiss hotel school, founded in 1893, EHL has more than a hundred years of experience in hospitality education and a reputation for excellence throughout the industry. This legacy of excellence comes from the dedication and ambition of our alumni who are the strongest and most active professional hospitality network of all the hospitality management schools worldwide.
- EHL has 25,000 alumni
- AEHL members are found in 150 countries on 5 continents
- 70 alumni chapters (known as “stamms”) – Monthly networking gatherings
- More than 300 events and gatherings every year
In Phuket, I started working as a waitress and began befriending guests during breakfast. I would then change to work in Concierge, and these guests that were already familiar with me, would come and buy directly from me. I created many deep bonds with many families, even being reviewed on trip advisor:
Hoping to increase my level of service, I eventually asked to switch and work as a Butler, servicing the resort’s top VIP guests within all of its 7 exclusive villas.
I was in charge of providing guests with the highest level of personalized service, all the while being mentored by former Director of Butlers from the Burj al Arab, Mr. Jude Tauro.
I LOVED being a butler because it was all about creating the wow effect, which to me is the crucial part of high quality hospitality service.
Greeting a guest by his first name was too basic. Remembering he liked to smoke Malboro Red and leaving a new pack for him on his desk for when he returned from the beach is a small example of the things that made me ravish. As a butler, I loved seeing a satisfied guest, and just how impressed they were with these small touches that made a whole difference to their stay.
My personal goal was to provide guests with little things that would make them go back home and mention it to his friends with a smile.
This extended to providing children with toys and floaties without them asking, to setting up a private cinema for a family afternoon (with popcorn and healthy snacks), among many, many others.
Senior management quickly noticed my high-level services, and soon enough I was being recruited to service the hotel’s top-level events, such as a secluded fashion show and a 3-day VIP Indian wedding (recommendation letter from the Hotel Manager available upon request).
In Bangkok, I worked as a digital marketing Intern for the infamous Plaza Athenée (A Starwood property), where I got a chance to experience first-hand just how important it is to respect a hotel’s style guide and nuances.
I had a chance to photograph and market their fine dining restaurant, to manage their social media accounts, all the while being the only foreigner in a fully Thai team.
Once the hotel finalized their total rooms’ renovation, I had a chance to stay over for a couple of nights to audit the room, and this gave a great understanding on what to pay attention during an audit.
- Been to over 36 countries
- Lived in 6 countries (4 continents): Brazil, USA, Thailand, Spain, Switzerland; France
- Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- I occasionally pair up with my photographer/videographer boyfriend to create even more amazing content. Cris has been to up to 70 countries and has amazing videography experience, and the highest quality equipment. If desired, we can together combine our skills for an even more complete delivery.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Internship in a Law Office in Brazil
- 1 year as a Business Analyst in Barcelona
- 3 years as a Sales Executive in Barcelona
- (ongoing) Digital Marketing for our alumni Stamm. We have monthly networking meetings in Barcelona and I am in charge of digital communication.
- EXTRA: Organized and managed 14 teams (84 people) for Oxfam Intermón and together we raised 29k euros to donate to charity
- Instagram: I started my Instagram back in November 2018 and I am currently at 5.5 K followers. My audience is mostly US, Italy, Brazil and UK and very engaged
- YouTube: I have recently started my YouTube channel and have just acquired my first camera for vlogging. Keep tuned!! Exciting things are coming up!
Did any of that spark your attention?
Great! That confirms that I am good at what I do.
I’ve got so many ways different types of collaboration offers that you will go crazy deciding which one to pick (or all if you wish the whole package).
If you want to hear my ideas on the content I can create for you to help your brand reach your desired target, don’t be shy!! Send me a message at [email protected]
What are you waiting for? Lets talk and discuss a collaboration!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Warm Brazilian hugs,